The all-star break is too damm long, and boring. Now that the break is over, and we are ready to go for the second half of the regular season, we can take a look at a few things we might see in the second half.
The Dodgers will finally get their number two, three and four hitters back in the lineup, and all together for the first time since May 13. Matt Kemp, and Andre Ethier will finally return to the Dodger’s lineup tonight, as they look to win the Dodger’s 12th division title in Los Angeles . The thing is, this could be the craziest month in Dodger Baseball in recent years. The trade deadline looms on the horizon, and we have no idea what could happen, and how different the team could look in three weeks. So let’s take a look at the future. Our bright blue future, what does it hold for us? Let’s ask a prognosticator.
Alright, let’s check in with a different prognosticator shall we child? Mmmhhhmmm. How about I offer you a choice my fellow Dodger fan. You take the Red pill, and you wake up in your bed tomorrow morning and you believe what you want to believe. If you take the Blue pill however, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you just how deep the rabbit hole can go. I am only offering you a possibility and nothing more.
So what does the future hold for the Dodgers in the second half? No one knows for sure. Let’s get out our crystal balls, and do some proclamations. With the second half getting underway with a six game home-stand, here are some things we could see happen to the Dodgers during the second part of 2012.
- Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier will have tremendous second halves, single handedly carrying the offense again, but what else is new right?
- The Dodgers trade Zack Lee, or a group of prospects for a third baseman.
- Juan Uribe is placed on the DL with a phantom injury. (Too many empanadas)
- Scott Van Slyke will get optioned down to Albuquerque.
- The Dodgers trade for Ryan Dempster, and he replaces someone in the rotation. (Bills?)
- Chad Billingsley is moved to the Bullpen. It could happen. Are the Dodgers finally tired of his inconsistency? See number 5.
- Ronald Belisario will stay in the country. (We hope)
- The Dodgers will win more games against the NL West than any other division.
- The Dodgers will be linked in trade rumors with every single available player, and a few who aren’t available.
- The Dodgers will win the NL West, and the NL Pennant.
What will the second half future hold for the Dodgers? Only Mrs. Cleo knows for sure. And maybe the Oracle from the Matrix. Let me rub my crystal ball. I know this though, that despite the holes in the lineup, and the injuries, the Dodger’s future hasn’t been written yet. Can Kemp, and Ethier lead the Dodgers to the NL West title in the second half? Only the future knows what’s in store…….. (By the way, why is it that mediums, or Psychics always call people Child?)